- Art commission is a digital (in my case) artwork that someone has paid an artist to draw for them. It exchanges money, usually via PayPal.
- Art trade is an exchange of an item between the person and artist of an equal value. It can involve a variety of things, yet in my case, it's mostly art for art or design for design.
- Copyright is form of protection regarding original works such as literature, music, architecture, graphic designs, artworks, and more. "Creative Commons is an American non-profit organization and international network devoted to educational access and expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon legally and to share." Understanding the different Creative Commons licenses.
- Design, in visual arts, is the full creation of a character's looks, personality, behavior, and overall visual appearance. This is also used for logos, concept arts, maps, and story ideas.
- Base refers to a premade file of a character for multi use such as coat designs.
- Cameo is the brief appearance of a well-known person, symbol, etc, in a movie or game, for examples.
- Easter Egg is a message, image, or feature hidden in games, movies, stories, and other such medium.
- Instinct is 'an innate, typically fixed pattern of behavior in response to certain stimuli.' Every lifeforms have instinct, a deep rooted and subconscious survival ability. As a matter of fact, humans are more instinctive than we let on, yet instinct doesn't negate sentience and sapience. Whichever lifeform, instinct is needed.
- Sentience is the ability to feel, awareness of one's own existence, thoughts, emotions, surroundings, and other beings. One doesn't even need a brain to be sentient, as jellyfishes and plants have demonstrated, Sentience can go further as self-awareness, consciousness, and the ability to reason.
- Semi-Sapience refers to non-human animals regarded as highly intelligent such as corvids, parrots, dolphins, elephants, and our cousin primates to name a few. They've gone beyond base sentience and may evolve full sapience someday.
- Sapience is the ability for abstract thoughts, critical thinking, deep reasoning, greater understanding, foreshadowing, and similar forms of mental activities. It's usually seen as a human-only thing because we're so far the current sapient animals on Earth since all others are extinct. (We often erroneously refer to our tool use as a sapience thing. Tool use is our evolutionary advantage.)
- Anthropomorphism attributes human traits, emotions, and behavior to non-human beings such as wildlife, plants, and objects.
- Humanoid refers to creatures that are human or human-looking such as primates, extinct human species, and the fictional species shown in Marvel and Star Trek.
- Anthro animals mainly refer to creatures with humanoid anatomies, werewolves and furries being examples.
- Feral refers to a creature's four-legged anatomy such as canids, deer, crocodiles, Tokotas, dyres, and more. Birds are often added to this category. The feral being is anthropomorphic and able to make decisions. Feral sex refers to sex with such non-human animals.
- For example, Scooby goes in feral while your generic pet dog goes in bestiality.
- Ability to consent means a character's ability to agree or disagree to any kind of activity, such as sexual ones. Also refer to the Harkness test.
- Underage refers to individuals that are below their species' legal ages. The term is often used for forbidding pornography and suggestive works involving minors.
- Paraphilias are "persistent and recurrent sexual interests, urges, fantasies, or behaviors of marked intensity involving objects, activities, or even situations that are atypical in nature." (NIH) Thought crimes don't exist and don't do anything by themselves. It's how they're channeled or put to in/action that's the important part. Having a paraphilia doesn't inherently make a person and abuser. Someone with a BDSM kink, a foot fetish, or is into bloodplay doesn't have a disorder. The term paraphilia is often mixed up with Paraphilic Disorder.
- Zoophilia is a paraphilia of sexual nature towards non-human animals. A zoo or zoosexual is someone that feels a romantic attraction towards another species. yet doesn't condone animal abuse and wouldn't attempt the act. (Since other animals cannot give a clear consent like we do.) Bestiality is sex (well, rape) by a human to a non-human animal.
- Both terms are often interchanged, but they're not the same.
- AI art refers to ""artworks"" made with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications. You train the AI to steal other people's arts just so you get to credit yourself as the one who "made it", even though you committed art theft. The programs are built on stolen artworks and the culture of diminishing artists.
- Cryptocurrency and bitcoin refer to digital currency as an alternative form of payment created using encryption algorithms. NTFs, aka non-fungible token, are a unique digital identifier that cannot be copied or substituted and is recorded in a blockchain to certify authenticity and ownership. Both are basically a massive Ponzi scheme.
More to be added if needed.